Tuesday 12 July 2022

03-001 Why the Warrens?

03-001
Why the Warrens?

The first 2 chapters of my blog are about desktop games. You may expect the coming chapters will be about other types of family games, such as board games etc. Why suddenly changed to a totally unrelated topic?

“My Multi-culture Universe” is a website about culture. And culture involves many things. I won’t just talk about family topics here.

I am a traveler. I love travel. Despite being 200lbs in weight and having 2 kids and an old mum to take care, I am quite an adventurer. I remember how I nominated myself for a business trip to Lahore, Pakistan some 5 years ago. Pakistan always falls into the category of not-to-go in government travel warning. None of my other colleagues dared going there. And my boss was surprised to see a volunteer popped up. The trip ended up to be a pleasure one. (I will write a post about that trip if time permits.)

Ever since the outbreak of COVID-19, the city I live, Hongkong, has technically been locked down for more than 2 years. At the time of writing, most countries in the world have already lifted their travel restrictions and reopened their border. Hongkong, however, is still requiring a 7 day quarantine for visitors. And the government has just started a serious discussion on how to lower this further down to 5 or 3 days. Although we still go to work and school as normal, everyone are bounded in this small city because of the quarantine restriction. As an adventurer, this keeps my heart burning.

I found a way out – to dig myself into different movie franchises, especially horrors. Horror movies can give people a stronger sense of adventure.

To get an easy start, I picked James Wan’s The Conjuring Universe.


James Wan
Image Source: Wikipedia

Why not others but James Wan?

I started to like this James Wan guy after watching Insidious in a theater some 10 years ago. But I am never a fan of him. Only until recently, Insidious is still the only James Wan movie I have ever watched. It was a web podcast that triggered all my interest in the Warrens. The podcast talks about many different strange phenomenon. In one of the episodes, it talked about James Wan, The Conjuring Universe, Ed & Lorraine Warren and cases that they have involved. A horror movie franchise that based on real cases? How interesting. This started my research on the Warrens.

In the next few posts, I will start sharing all interesting things I have found out during my research. I will start from James Wan’s The Conjuring Universe first and go further from there. So, watch out! Valak is behind you!


Go back to the Lobby ...


No comments:

Post a Comment